Alexa Skill Camps
Information for the Alexa skill camps I’ll be teaching:
Who’s it for? Rising 5th-8th graders.
What will I teach?
- Alexa Basics – how Alexa works, what Alexa skills are, intents, slots, utterances, etc.
- Alexa Skill Blueprints – creating an Alexa skill without code.
- Alexa Skills Kit – creating an advanced Alexa skill using code.
- Advanced Features – features to enhance your skill’s experience such as Polly voices, SSML, and speechcons
- Voiceflow – creating an Alexa skill using drag-and-drop blocks
By the end of this camp, you should be able to create your own Alexa skills and publish them to the Alexa Skills Store.
Are any materials needed? No materials are necessary except for a computer and a headset. Classes will be done over Zoom.
Do I need to know how to program? A basic understanding of any programming language is preferred, but none is required.
What is the cost? $50 per person
What time? Classes will take place from 5-6 PM CDT.
How many spots are available each week? There will be five available spots each week.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me at awesomeaariv at gmail.com